My stamping adventures

Saturday, May 30, 2020

Crayon resist

CRAYON RESIST
 stamps used:  Unity stamp co.

Crayons have been around for years and so has this technique.  It's fun to bring back an old technique and see what we can do to update it.

Basic instructions:
1.  stamp image with permanent black ink.
2.  get out those old crayons and scribble the crayon inside the open space of the image.
tip 1. the cheaper the better because the cheap ones have more wax. 
tip 2.  use firm pressure so you get a lot of wax on the card.
3.  blend on some color with any dye inks.  you can use any blending tool you prefer even a brayer.
4.  after you have put down all the color you want, then rub off all the waxy crayon.  I had best results using a paper towel ... that's it!
tip 3.  the color crayon you use will give you different looks.  on the top butterfly I used a light pink crayon.  on the bottom butterflies I used yellow and white crayons.  on the top flower I used only a white crayon.  on the bottom flowers I used white and yellow crayons.
Look here and here to see more samples on how I did it back in the day.
Also back in the day I used a white China marker on glossy cardstock.  below is a page from my background sketchbook dated 2008 with those instructions.

thanks for stopping by.  come back again soon.

4 comments:

PCStamper said...

Oh, I like those pink butterflies with the little white faces. What is a china marker? Also, I am so impressed with you for doing this blog for what seems like forever. When did you start it?

stamping sue said...

Hi Petti, I like the way the pink crayon worked, too. not crazy with the effect of the yellow crayon but my favorites are the ones using the white crayon. China marker is that artist white pencil that you pull the string to sharpen. I looked I started on 1/23/09 so that is almost 11 1/2 years. phew! didn't know I've been doing it that long.

PCStamper said...

That is amazing.YOU are amazing. Congratulations!

stamping sue said...

you are sweet. thank you