My stamping adventures

Thursday, March 12, 2015

back to backgrounds....

Twist away is a technique that I saw many years ago at a stamp store in Florida....it was a three minute demo using inks and stamps to create a fun background.  The thing was she said you could only use one type of ink and one certain stamp!  plus she didn't allow you to take pictures and when she saw someone writing notes she gave them a look to die for!!!  well, this didn't sit with me so I went home and days later I tried to remember what she had done but of course I had to use every ink pad/stamp images I had in my stash.  Lo and behold ..... yes .... other inks and images worked just fine with her one and only technique.  Anyway I gave my findings a name....Twist Away because that is what you did with the stamp...twisted it away on all the inks to create a blurry effect.  Now this page in my Background Sketchbook was done back in 2005 (that's even before I started blogging!) but I saw the demo back in 2003.  After I went home and played with this technique I had so many cards that I decided to send into Scrap&Stamp Arts magazine and they accepted them!  They published it back in October 2003 and made it into a THREE page layout and when you read it I did give credit to stamp store in Florida but unfortunately didn't remember the name of the store which is probably good since I mentioned about using different inks/stamps in my article.  check out other pages from my Background Sketchbook here,  here , here, here, and here.....that's all I could find because they go back so many years.  I think I will bring this technique back to life but it won't be for at least a couple of weeks because right now I'm working Easter cards.....yes....I'm doing Easter cards.  see you next time here in blog land.

No comments: