My stamping adventures

Monday, April 17, 2023

Shaving cream backgrounds with video

 Shaving cream backgrounds

Had a lot of fun getting my hands full of ink, and shaving cream. There is a short video I did years ago at the end of this post.

SU stamp sets

Shaving cream backgrounds are easy to create, but can be a bit messy.  


Instructions:

1.  Squirt out some foam (cheap-dollar store shaving cream) shaving cream onto any surface.  I used wax paper ... you could use a plastic coated paper plate, or pallet paper, too.  Level out the shaving cream into a spot big enough for a quarter sheet of cardstock.  At least that is the size I like to work with.

2.  Drop 1 to 3 different colors of dye ink re-inkers onto the shaving cream.  

3.  Use a wooden dowel or toothpick.  Whatever you can use to make swirls into the ink on the shaving cream.

4.  Lay a piece of cardstock on top of the swirled shaving cream.  

5.  Take the cardstock by one corner, and pull it out of the shaving cream.

6.  With an old credit card, or even a piece of cardboard, and scrap off all the excess shaving cream from cardstock.  Next wipe down the cardstock with a sheet of paper towel.  


Viola!!! See the fun background you created!


Hope you try this fun technique, and when you do show me your cards.  

Check out here instructions I wrote up back in 2009 in my background sketchbook, more here.  

Check out this short video I did years ago.



Thanks for stopping by.  Come back again soon.

No comments: