My stamping adventures

Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Inlaid frame cards

stamps used:  Stampin' Up and Unity stamp co.

stamps used:  Stampin' Up and Unity stamp co.

stamps used:  Unity stamp co. and Stampin' Up

I call this technique Inlaid Frames because that is what it looks like to me.  I'm sure there is a more creative name out there, and if you know it, just leave me a comment so I can correct it.  This is also a two for one technique card, which I will explain below in my basic instructions.  I did see this style card at Dawn's Stamping Thoughts blog.  

Basic instructions:

Reverse Masking technique:
1.  die cut a frame out of Masking Magic (brand name) by Therm O Web.  I think you can get similar product at Gina K Designs.  
2.  place die cut frame on white card and blend colors for background.
3.  remove mask and there you have it.  
4.  stamp images with any black ink.

Inlaid Frames:
1.  die cut smaller frame used for mask out of blended colors stamped card.
2.  mount cut out stamped frame with foam mounting tape to note card.
3.  adhere the stamped card panel piece to the inside of the mounted frame.
There you have it an Inlaid frame card.  Click on the photos to see a better view of the cards.

thanks for stopping by.  come back again soon.
***not affiliated with any of the above companies, just a customer.*** 

10 comments:

Bunny said...

These are really pretty. [Bunny]

stamping sue said...

Bunny, thank you. if you try this technique, let me know so I can see.
stamping sue

Wilma DeG said...

These are really cool! But I have one question before I try it. It looks like the cut after the stamping was done was with the next size smaller die than the one for the mask... is that correct?

stamping sue said...

Wilma, yes it was. thank you. I will update that info. glad you like them. please show me your cards when you make them.

PCStamper said...

Pretty cool technique.

stamping sue said...

Hi! it is and easy. I do like the ease of using dies.

VEANA R. said...

What a great idea! I just love your beautiful cards! Thank you for sharing your work with us at Mix It Up Challenge Blog. Wishing you a good luck and hope you will visit our Challenges again. Hugs, Vena R. DT

Helen said...

Love these - what a great technique.

Thanks for joining us at the Mix It Up Challenge Blog.

Helen x

stamping sue said...

thank you

stamping sue said...

thanks