My stamping adventures

Sunday, May 19, 2019

Mask away!

stamps used:  Unity stamp co. 

This is a fun and simple technique but effective!  Saw this done on Unity facebook live with Angela where she brought back an oldie technique .... masking.
Basic instructions:
1.  stamp image with colored ink.
2.  cut out a mask and place over image.
3.  blend a lighter color over masked image with any tool you have available.  ex.: stipple brushes, sponges, blending tool or cosmetic brushes (picket fence or any brand). 
4.  remove mask to reveal the fun!
5.  add saying and any embellishments.
Not sure if you can see in my picture but I added white Nuvo drops and the color from the blended ink bled into the dots .... but I like it!  the dots became tinted by the ink color.

thanks for stopping by.  come back again soon.

2 comments:

PCStamper said...

Ooh, I like these. Great stamp. Also like the stitching.

stamping sue said...

thank you. the stitching is a die.