My stamping adventures

Friday, May 3, 2019

Faux layers re-visited

stamps used:  Unity stamp co. 

This is a technique I did years ago that you can see herehere (used Unity stamps), here, you can watch a video here or you can go to my you tube channel and scroll down to see a video I did a couple of years ago.
The reason for this re-visiting of this technique is because I saw Angela from Unity stamp co. do a Facebook live last weekend.  When Angela created her card she did straight lines but I took my widest blue painter's tape and ripped one side to get a ripped uneven edge because I am far from perfect ..... so I don't try to do straight if I can help it.  
Basically what I did was lay down the blue painter's tape then using my new cosmetic (the new trend) brush to add color in between the two pieces of tape I laid down.  For these two cards I used Catherine Pooler ink pads ... pixie dust, polished and sand castle.  Next step is to carefully and slowly remove the blue painter's tape so not to ripped the actual card.  After the tape is removed I stamped my main images with any good black ink.  I stamped the sayings with same black ink onto scrap pieces of white cardstock, cut them out and layered onto piece of black cardstock and adhered to the card.  Take the stamped piece and layer to black cardstock and adhere that to white note card.  For finishing touch ... add some self sticking gems and done!  what do you think?  let me know in the comments.
Thanks for stopping by and come back again soon.

No comments: