My stamping adventures

Monday, May 13, 2013

MFP sneak peek - Marsh Silhouettes & Lily of the Valley

Today at Mark's Finest Papers a Heinrich Co. blog we are
sneak peeking May new release 5th and mini stamp sets.  First I'm showing our 5th set Marsh Silhouettes which goes great with another new release Marsh Birds which will be showcased at our blog hop tomorrow.  This card you can also see over on MFP blog today but first I want to tell you what technique I will be showcasing for the May blog hop ..... drum roll...pppprumppadumadum....faux layers and masking sections.  Sorry don't know the fancy names that have been given to this technique but I'm sure you will know once you see my cards. 


 On to our mini set Lily of the Valley, a very nice set of stamps with several very nice sentiments to go with the Lily of the Valley flower.  This Lily of the Valley faux layer card can also be seen at MFP blog today.  Did a bookmark where I punched out a scallop square then sponged color and glitter.  My last card I stamped the saying and just drew a couple of lines to encase this wonderful saying then masked it off and stamped the Lily of the Valley showing on the top and bottom of the layer.  All the cards were colored with prisma color pencils.  Please come back tomorrow to see all the cards and projects from Mark's Finest Papers and Stamps! a Heinrich Company design team during our week long blog hop.

6 comments:

stampingbowd said...

Woohoo!!! I love your technique!!!! I saw your card "Angel Fish" cards in.... was it "scrap & stamp"? So exciting to see your article!!!!

Gorgeous cards!!!! Love the colors and the unique, one of a kind BG you can make!

stamping sue said...

Angie you are so sweet. it is fun to be published. always get a kick seeing my name in print.
this is a fun and easy faux masking technique.
stamping sue

Kathy Bradley said...

Wonderful technique, Sue, and such pretty cards!!

Janine said...

Lovely cards Sue - love the mauve one made with Marsh Silhouettes

An'Jenic G. said...

Wow these are all so pretty. TFS AJ-

Ravengirl said...

Oh my word! Love them! I think the blue card with all the branches is my favorite of the bunch!