My stamping adventures

Saturday, December 3, 2016

Audition post for Sin City stamps

I'm applying for a spot on Sin City stamps co.  They want to see at least five examples of my work/art past and present so I'm going to show my favorites over the past year with links to original posts.
shaving cream technique uses foam shaving cream, re-inkers, combs for stirring and a lot of imagination.
this is a fun technique with everyday supplies.  you can see more here on this post and here including a video showing and explaining how I created these fun backgrounds.

stamping on kraft cardstock and coloring with Prisma color pencils.  I like to use lots of colors when coloring with my Prisma color pencils to create a feeling in the card.
see examples of my coloring on this post , here, and here.
pop-up card - there are all kinds of pop up cards and I like to try them all.
check out this simple pop up  I did a few years ago.  another ice day pop up card.
using stipple brushes or blending tools make beautiful backgrounds.  stipple brushes and blending tools are "tools" to make all kinds of different backgrounds and manipulate all types of inks.
In the seahorse card I used stipple brushes for the blue watery background.  You can see more on this card here.   check these Halloween cards in this post to see how I blended all the colors in the background and please watch the video.
shaker cards are fun and interactive cards.  you can fill them with just about anything from glitter, sequins, charms and even candy!
see more shakers here
there are so many styles of sliders as in this example, it uses pennies for weight to make the image spin.  there is also what I call the old fashion slider in which you use a ribbon to pull the image across the card.
more sliders here  
I hope these examples show my talents in stamping so I may be considered to be on the Sin City stamps design team.  good luck to all that apply.


2 comments:

PCStamper said...

Very impressive body of work, Sue!

stamping sue said...

thank you my friend. now it's just a waiting game.