My stamping adventures

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Simple Salutations #54 - Holiday in July!

It's Wednesday so you know what that means it's time for another challenge over at Speedy TV which is a free place to join in on all MFPaHC challenges.  I'm hosting the challenges for Simple Salutations through September so I hope you will stop by and join in this week here for Simple Salutations #54 if you can.  The theme this week is Holiday Time in Julyyou get to choose whatever holiday you like to create cards for example Christmas, Thanksgiving or Halloween.  I bet my friends thought I would pick Halloween because that is my favorite card making time but I didn't I did Christmas because I happened to have some of those stamps out on my table.....soooooooooo....it was convenient to do but maybe I'll will make a couple of Halloween and throw them out sometime this month.  you never know what the mood will inspire.  Now for my card I did a few technique from the past.  First I punched out a circle and used the negative for a mask, used my stipple brushes to color in the circle.  Remove the mask then stamped the cardinal on the present with black ink over the red circle.  Stamped saying on the top left of the card then looked at the card and it was just too plain for me so I edged with Krylon gold leafing pen but still too plain for me sooooooooooooooo .............. found old wire topped stick tool (never could remember
what it was called---see pic.) and rubbed the Krylon gold leafing pen on it then quickly punched it all over the card.  Layer stamped card onto black card and red note card then punch out two black photo corners to layer on top of all the layers to finish off my card.  enjoy our Holiday Time in July! this week and join in if you are so inclined.
card details:
stamps - MFPaHC Presents stamp set
photo corner paper punch
Krylon gold leafing pen
wire topped stick tool

1 comment:

Vickie Y said...

Sue, your holiday card is beautiful. Love the spotlight on the present and the gold stipple pounced on the card.