My stamping adventures

Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Gel plate backgrounds and more

 

Gel Plate backgrounds

stamps/dies used:  Unity stamp co. sayings, IO balloon/feather dies

I'm trying my hand at gel printing ... I've had this 5" x 7" gel plate for a couple of years, I'm sure and have only used it maybe once.  Thought it was time to get it out and try it again.  This time I did an idea that I saw Jennifer McGuire do, where she used die cuts. Continue to scroll down and you will see photos of prints and some cards/tags I created with them.

Basically what you do is add ink/paint whatever you have onto your gel plate.  Next place die cuts on top of the inked gel plate, in my case I was using distress oxide inks.  Place a piece of copy paper or cardstock over the inked plate with the die cuts, and pull a print.  

It's hard to see in photos but I used balloon die cuts on the green background, spider web stamp on blue background and bubble wrap on mixed colored background.  Each print will be different.

Above photo shows card and tag with a print that had feather die cuts.
Here are cards/tags that used balloon die cuts on the prints.


The prints for the above feathers and balloon cards are what I call the ghost prints.  It is the second print where I removed the die cuts, then placed a card over the gel plate, and did a second print.  I really like the way these prints turned out.  Just a faint design on the cards.
Last photo with some of the prints in back of the cards I created.
This post has a lot of photos (I have more but won't bore you with them. teeheeehee) that I hope you enjoyed seeing.  If you have a gel plate that is sitting around collecting dust ..... dust it off and make some prints.  I'd love to see what you do.
Thanks for stopping by and come back soon.



No comments: