My stamping adventures

Monday, June 25, 2018

watercolor fun

inks used:  distress tumbled glass, salty ocean, wilted violet - VersaFine Clair Nocturne (black)
This started out as a one layer card but knowing me as I do ... I just couldn't leave it that way. Just seemed not finished so I made it into what I call Platform cards.  you can see details for Platform cards here.  
Back to these two cards:
platform base - 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" 
card base - 8" x 5 1/4" folded in half
To create the watercolor background I die cut a circle ... saving the die cut circle for another project.  we will be using the reverse mask.
1.  On a craft sheet press the three colors of distress ink onto it then spritz with water.  
2.  place the reverse mask on the front of the folded card then press into the watered distress inks.
3.  remove mask to see what I like to call a watercolor splat.  allow to air dry or heat with heat tool.
4.  stamp image over watercolor splat with black ink.  
5.  stamp sentiment in the bottom corner of card.
6.  adhere folded card to platform base.
let me know what you think of this watercolor splat technique.  if you try it come back and show me what you create.
come back again soon.  comments always welcomed.

2 comments:

Brianna J said...

Ooh I like the reverse mask idea! Thanks for sharing!!

stamping sue said...

Bri, thanks for your comment. reverse masking is fun for a little change up.