My stamping adventures

Monday, January 27, 2014

Pretty northern lights

Earlier in the month I showed you all the fun a couple of friends and I had
doing the northern lights technique (search online for complete instructions) and said I would show my finished cards.  Well, today is the day to see a few of my finished cards.  I wanted the star of the show to be the technique so I kept the cards simple.  I sent out a few of them to friends who weren't able to attend our stamp meeting.  The one on the left with the trees was sent to our friend who is home with a fractured foot.  I did a little more black on this one then normal and I liked it.  The one on the right with the girl on the funky fish flyer went to our friend who was home sick.  With this cold, warm, snowy and rainy
weather lately it's no wonder everyone isn't down with cold/flu.  Snowflake lady went off to our friend who was home with the plumber the day of our meeting.  If it's not the weather then it's our house that keeps us from our fun of stamping.  Leslie likes all things snow so she got this serene looking snowflake lady but I did her in greens because I like things green in stamping.  More to come soon.
card details:  all cards used white gel pen and nestabilities dies
tree card:
trees - Stampin' Up
thinking of you - Mark's Finest Papers a Heinrich Co. Home Page
inks - Ranger Distress inks
swiss dots embossing folder
funky fish flyer card:
stamp - Picture Show
inks - Ranger Adirondacks
snowflake lady card:
stamp - Stamp Corner (out of business)
snowflake embossing folder

No comments: