My stamping adventures

Saturday, February 1, 2014

chalk it up tags

The only way I get the tag done from Tim's blog  is if I do it just as I read it from his blog so that's what I did
this morning.  Of course I had to improvise on some of the products since I don't have
the resources as he does but I think it's not bad, even if I say so myself.  I made two for the price of one, as long as I had the stuff out and was getting inky and full of glitter.  I used one of TH's stencils on the regular size tag and one the dylusions stencils for the stubby tag but I do have the red Distress glitter.  I do like the chalkboard technique so had fun with that, but did it with white embossing powder and real chalk for chalk dust.  The arrows and heart borders on the tags are done with metallic tape...they are silver but don't show up silver in scan but believe me they are silver.
entering tag in following challenge:
1.  Tim Holtz blog - 12 tags of 2014 - february
2.  Fashionable Stamping Challenge - tag along

9 comments:

Cathy Parlitsis said...

VERY nice, Sue!!! I especially love the double heart and the little row of hearts on the bottom!

stamping sue said...

cathy, thank you. I'm glad you can see the double heart...wasn't sure that was going to show up. the little row of hearts is an EK Success border punch.
stamping sue

Cathy Michels said...

Beautiful tags - I love the sentiments you used! I had a little trouble with the embossing and chalking, trying to melt the embossing just enough to stick but not enough to become shiny. Got it accomplished, though. Good thing there were two sides to the black cardstock... :) Cathy www.creatinginacottage.com

Amanda said...

Nice interpretation of Tim's tag and for sharing it with us at FSC this fortnight
Love
Amanda

Meggymay said...

Wonderful tag, its a lovely sentiment as well. Thank you for joining us at FSC this time.
Yvonne/Meggymay

Amy* said...

I just love that chalk technique don't you! Love your take on Tim's tag Sue!

Amy*

Esther said...

Hi Sue - what a great tag ! I've not tried the chalk technique as yet - you've made it look fabulous!...Thank you so much for sharing with us at FSC...Esther xx

Meme said...

Sue you did a great job on your tags! I don't have the glitter so I will have to use other glitter on mine. Oh the shame! LOL! Thanks for sharing!

Yvonne Garner said...

Really great job! Thanks for joining us at FSC!