My stamping adventures

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Simple Salutations 63 - Autumn!

 Simple Salutations challenge is here again.  Decided we should celebrate the coming Autumn season so with that lets stamp leaves, the color of the season or even your favorite sport for the season.  whatever Autumn comes to mind for you!  As you can see for my card I did the colors and leaves with one of my go to techniques.....resist.  In this case I stamped and embossed my leaves VersaMark ink and white embossing powder then added fall colors.  Buffed off the leaves to make them pop after adding the colors.  For my ribbon I did a fun technique I call, "the in and out" knot.  Simple said you punch two holes, thread the ribbon down the holes to the back of the card.  Next criss cross the ribbon ends and thread them to the front of the card....trim and there you have it!  "the in and out" knot!  Please check out my fellow sister blogs......Vickie's and Steph's blogs to see their cards for Autumn! 
card details:
stamps - MFPaHC Autumn Glory stamp set
inks - Ranger distress ink mustard seed, spiced maralade, mowed lawn
VersaMark
Sheer green ribbon

1 comment:

Vickie Y said...

Sue, your Autumn card is beautiful; I love that technique. Thanks for the inspiration.