My stamping adventures

Friday, December 2, 2011

12 Days of Tags - day 1

Tim Holtz started his 12 tags of christmas again this year over on his blog.  This is my version of his tag techniques for tag #1 with my supplies.  The background is really cool in person basically you ink up Cuttlebug snowflake embossing folder with VersaMark or clear embossing ink and run tag through it.  Next sprinkle white embossing power all over it, rub off powder with finger from raised snowflakes then heat emboss.  A great shabby chic type of embossing.  I don't have TH pine cone die so I just punched out a circle then rolled it. Saw this idea here if you want to try it.  It's o.k. but I'm not impressed with mine.  Found another pine cone idea here which I really liked.  Here are my attempts with this flat pine cone.  Really had fun with this flat pine cone idea and also pulled out Sizzix haunted house die to use on this tag....added some Ranger Ink yellow Stickles for the windows and did TH idea of add silver glitter on grunge numbers.  Used May Arts white ribbon that I colorized with Ranger Ink Distress ink pad on all three tags.

No comments: