My stamping adventures

Monday, August 15, 2011

She sells seashells by the seashore

I told you I would be showing more of my collage stamping cards so here they are for you to see and leave comments letting me know your opinion. 
Are you seeing double when you look at card on the left? yes, you should be because I have the smaller version of the Fred Mullet fish that I stamped over my friend's house.  You must be tired of hearing me say my friend's house by now.  Anyway my little fish was stamped with VersaMark ink then multi colored with Ranger Ink Adirondack embossing powders to match the inks stamped on the card.  Some ginger ep and wild plum ep with gold ep (embossing powder) on the top fin of fish.  Used Tim Holtz  Sizzix alterations on the edge brackets/parentheses die for that extra touch of waves....yes, purple waves....artistic license.
Card on the right is one of my favorites of the cards I've made so far.  I did add some sequence waste(see previous post for pic) stencilling to the left side for added dimension.  you know that plastic stuff with lots of holes.  Added May Arts wide black silk ribbon around the card...just love their silks.  Last card to show you today is a shaped card which I learned in class with JENNIFERMCGUIREINK. To create this type of shape card all you do is cut out two shapes and on one of the cards you score a line about an inch away from the top. Tape the unscored card on top of the scored card and viola! a shaped card.  Used Nestabilities Labels Eight set for this card.  Also did another technique I learned in Jennifer's class where you use Ranger Ink blending tools to add color to a cut out image in this case the PSX shell.  Fast and easy way to add color quickly. Two May Arts ribbons on this card....first a silk (just got to love silk) one underneath that fun black fishnet looking ribbon.  The base card is copper, hope you can see it in scan. In person it is very shiney just like copper.  When I get more cards done I'll do more collage stamping show and tell.



No comments: