My stamping adventures

Monday, September 13, 2010

Hero Arts Pairs Challenge

Over on Hero Arts Flicker group we're doing a Pairs Challenge this is where two are paired up to do what every they like................the only real rule is that you use
Hero Arts stamps. 
I am paired up with Debbie over on  Debbie Does Crafts 
We decided it would to hard to figure out what stamps we both own so we are doing techniques we see over on The Hero Club Blog
Basically what we are going to do is one a week starting today Monday, September 13.
Our first technique is by Jennifer McGuire  Hero Arts: Card making, scrapbooking and craft ideas with rubber stamps, clear stamps and cling stamps!

Here is my card:
I had fun doing this technique I never thought to use glossy accents/diamond glaze as a mask.  It's good to learn new uses for something I already have in my stash.  I used all Hero Arts images some old and one very old.  The very old is the dotted background that is dated 1998 guess that tells you how long I've been stamping.
First stamp the poppie and cover with diamond glaze and allow to dry. The background is using  'The Ranger Ink Distress ink pads tea dye, broken china & peeled paint with blending tool.  Stamped the rest of the images with same inks used for background. The ribbon is May Arts white silk colored with tea dye ink.  enjoy.

2 comments:

debbie said...

This turned out great! I love your background, the colors and the stamps! do you have any ideas for our next week? I just got home from work and am a little brain dead LOL!
will try to get over to the Hero blog tomorrow and look over some techniques. :)

Joy said...

Sue this is such a beautiful and stunning card with great techniques, I am so pleased that you decided to participate in the pairing up challenge.