My stamping adventures

Thursday, April 8, 2021

Mixed Media w/Friends #1

 Mixed Media w/Friends #1

This idea started when a friend saw someone do this on her you tube channel ...tellHimthanku ... where she is doing mixed media on a jumbo pack of playing cards.  So my friend suggested we do it our way ... so let's get started!

Here is a look at the playing cards we are using:

We bought them at the Dollar Tree store in the toys section.  There are different themes but it doesn't matter the pictures on the cards because we will be doing mixed media techniques on them. 
 Definition of mixed media is In visual art, mixed media describes artwork in which more than one medium or material has been employed. Assemblages and collages are two common examples of art using different media that will make use of different materials including cloth, paper, wood and found objects.

Here is a look at my first playing card:

                                           this is my card - all supplies and stamps listed on the back of the card.

With that being said basically anything goes with mixed media.  For my first playing card I kept it simple, gluing white tissue paper on the card to start and, then went from there. Added some ripped decorative paper, die cut bird/branch, self sticking gems and of course a stamped saying.  We decided to list supplies and stamps on the back for a reference.  


card with bottle is by JAGS

We plan on doing this until we get bored with creating these little works of art.  I have't decided, yet how I will store these cards but I'm sure I will find some type of notebook that will work.

Thanks for stopping by.  come back again soon.







3 comments:

PCStamper said...

These look like fun. I like the way you let the queen show through. But I also like that you can cover up the whole card. Really cool. If you can't find the right notebook for them, you could punch a hole and put them on a book ring.

PCStamper said...

I just noticed that the cards are Jumbo. What size are they?

stamping sue said...

Hi Petti, just measured one of the cards and they are 4 7/8 x 3 3/8. But like I mentioned in my post I picked the cards up at Dollar Tree store.