My stamping adventures

Thursday, February 18, 2021

Butterfly cut away

                                                  Butterfly cut away

                                                stamps used:  Catherine Pooler stamp set/dies

This is a big butterfly that can almost fill a whole A2 card, but this time I decided to add to a layer.  I call this card a cut away card, because that is exactly what I did!  I cut away the bottom of the layer with the die from the stamp set, then mounted it onto another layer that I stamped with the smaller images in the set.  It might be hard to see but I also embossed both butterflies with a new embossing powder called Halo.  When heated it almost looks holographic ... kinda floats there and adds extra colors over the image.  You can click on the image to see a bigger picture.  You can see more cards using this big butterfly with a spotlight technique here, in this post doing the split technique, also here is a shaker card using this same butterfly.

Thanks for stopping by and come back again soon.


2 comments:

Bunny said...

Lovely cards. The butterflies are great. [Bunny]

stamping sue said...

thank you