My stamping adventures

Saturday, July 6, 2019

Floating frames

Floating frame cards

stamps used:  Altenew stamps

I began by stamping and die-cutting  images from Altenew  Build-A-Flower Anemone stamp set.  I arranged them close together on a piece of 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" cardstock. They are not adhered to the cardstock - just laying freely on top of it. Next, carefully lay a piece of Glad Press 'n Seal (available at most grocery stores) over the images to hold them in place. Trim the edges even with the edge of the cardstock. I used a  circle or a rectangle die to cut out the center. Now it's time to remove the white cardstock piece. The Press 'n Seal stays adhered to the die-cuts, you are only removing the cardstock backing. With the die cuts still held in place by the Press 'n Seal add foam mounting tape to the back of all the die cut images. This will make the die-cuts "float" on the finished card. Here's my frame attached to the card front using foam mounting tape.  After you have the frame stuck down, it's time to carefully pull off the Press 'n Seal.  Next I stamped a saying in the center of the frames.
I saw this technique at Jennifer McGuire Ink blog.
 With the leftover center I was able to create a second card using the same method which I will show in another post very soon.  
Thank you for stopping by and come back again soon.

2 comments:

PCStamper said...

Ooh... what pretty cards. And such a cool technique. Now I have to run out and buy some press and seal.

stamping sue said...

Hi Petti, it is a fun technique and the press and seal works great. I'll send you one to see in person.