My stamping adventures

Wednesday, July 24, 2019

ATC's (artist trading cards)

stamps used:  Unity stamp co.
ATC's for June and July swap

For June atc's
 I used the Unity cuddlebug Zebra which I think is adorable.  I stamped her in a dark purple ink but first I inked up a star stencil with a green ink, then overstamped the zebra on top of the stars. The saying is from the same cuddlebug Zebra stamp set which stamped in the same purple ink then fussy cut it out.  Next is just what I call collage stamping, that is where you choose several images ... then stamp with different color inks.  The saying was stamped onto a piece of vellum ... cut out then wrapped around stamped card and glued to the back.  Next I glued the stamped piece with the vellum strip to another piece of card the same size to hide the vellum and even secure it some more.

For July atc's
Background on butterfly atc is what we used to call Polished Stone years ago. 
 Polish stone technique: squeeze out all the AI (alcohol inks) colors onto felt on applicator. Squeeze just one drop of gold mixative onto the same felt on applicator. Mixatives go a long way, you only need one drop. Tap, tap, tap applicator with all the AI on it all over a piece of glossy cardstock. To blend colors add a couple of drops of AI blending solution and repeat the tapping. This will blend the colors and give you that polished stone effect.
Butterfly was stamped and fussy cut then adhered to the card on top of the polished stone background, gold doily and washi tapes.
Again for the next atc I did some more collage stamping ... stamped and embossed the staying over the collage stamping.  Added some Nuvo drops and was done.

Not sure if I ever showed my May atc's so I will just leave a pic below for you to see.  leave any questions in comment section if you want to know what I did.
That's it for this post.  Let me know what you think in the comment section.  Thanks for stopping by and come back soon.

No comments: