My stamping adventures

Sunday, March 3, 2019

Alcohol lift

stamps used:  Unity stamp co. flower spray, MFP stamp co. (out of business) Happy Anniversary

Used Ranger Alcohol lift ink pad for these two cards.  When you use this ink pad you automatically get two for the price of one.  Maybe I better start from the beginning on how to use this ink pad.
basic instructions:
1.  on yupo paper ( this is the best choice of paper for this technique) do any alcohol background technique.  I squeezed drops of alcohol inks onto the yupo paper and basically let them do their thing.  The inks bloomed and blended all by themselves.
2.  ink up stamp with alcohol lift ink pad and print onto alcohol background.  I hold stamp to the paper for a few seconds just so I'm sure the image has transferred then lift up the stamp.  you can let the card sit for a few minutes while you make second card.
3.  while the ink is still wet on the stamp print it onto a white card.  boom!  second card!
4.  back to first card.  buff the image with a soft cloth or tissue to reveal the "lift" of color from the card.
5.  over stamp saying onto card.
tips:  1.  you can use glossy cardstock instead of yupo paper but I just found that I got better results with yupo paper.
2.  you can search alcohol inks on my blog for lots of ideas.  I've been playing with alcohol inks off and on for years so there are a lot of past posts with more information.

No comments: