My stamping adventures

Thursday, May 24, 2018

String painting

String painting!
  This is just what it is called string painting.

 Go to your kitchen drawer and pull out that big ball of string  ... admit it you have one of those ball of strings in there.
 You could string up a 100 turkeys and still have half of that ball of string left so today we are going to use it in our crafts!
This is what I did:
1.  cut off a length of string.
2.  press the string into any craft paint you have in your craft area.
3.  place the painted string in what I like to call waves or half circles down your paper ... or in my case my journal page.
4.  close the journal ... hold it closed fairly tightly then ... PULL the string straight out of the closed journal.
5.  open the journal and see the fun "trumpet" like shape flowers that form.  each time you do this technique the design will look a little different.

No comments: