My stamping adventures

Monday, March 26, 2018

Big Cats


 stamps used:  Mark's Finest Papers and stamps Big Cats remembered stamp set
These two Big cats are wild with a wild background technique.  Not really such a wild background technique but unique at least I think so.  This technique goes back years in fact, it's started with photography then it drifted into the stamping world.  It's called Bokeh which means the effect of blurriness in the areas of an image.  In these two samples I first blended on some colors then I created my own circle stencil to make the different size circles for the background.  I placed the stencil on the colored background then sponged the circles with white pigment ink ... I used pigment ink for two reasons:  1.  it stays wet longer.  2.  it is opaque.  once all the white pigment ink circles were dry I assembled the cards.
Tiger card:
used strips of the full finished background and the tiger is fussy cut then mounted to card.
Lion card:
uses the a 3 3/4" x 5" piece of the finished background.  taped to a piece of brown cardstock.  ribbon wrapped around then stamp lion head on yellow cardstock and die cut with circle die, tape to brown scallop circle die and adhere to card.
For both cards I glued some sequins and stamped the sayings.
You can see more on the Bokeh technique here.
thank you for stopping by ... please come back soon and feel free to leave comment.

No comments: