My stamping adventures

Monday, September 8, 2014

Dark and dreary night

Yes, I would have to say this card makes me think of a dark and dreary night.  Hey, I wonder what those two vultures are talking about?  I enjoyed creating this card because I, of course used my Prisma color pencils to color the birds but I also got out my distress inks to blend in lots of dark color for the background of this card.  First I got out my spider web embossing folder...inked up one side then placed a piece of cardstock in it and just closed it and pressed the ink to the card.....didn't even have to get out my big kick.  Oh yes, forgot to mention I spritzed it with water before placing the card inside the folder.  Next I stamped the vultures on the branch, masked them and stamped the spooky tree.  did a little water coloring (used distress pads and wet paint brush) on the tree then got out my blending tools and went to town with black soot ink and dusty concord ink.  I wanted some more dimension so I stamped and colored (yes with my prisma color pencils) the vultures then cut them out and popped them up with pop dots on the front of the card.  Think I might be adding a halloween saying to this card but not quite sure as of yet.  time will tell.
card details:
stamps - Art Impressions
inks - Ranger Distress black soot, dusty concord and black archival
spider web embossing folder
Prisma color pencils

3 comments:

PCStamper said...

Nice job, Sue! "So what're we gonna do?"

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Those birds just made me laugh, I can think of all kinds of funny things they might be saying to one another

Vickie Kertz said...

Cute. It does make you wonder what they are talking about