My stamping adventures

Saturday, September 6, 2014

celebrate a birthday!

I'm always making a birthday or thank you card so today is no exception......Happy Birthday to you today whoever has a birthday!  For these two card I did the bokeh background technique which is from the photography world.  The way I read about it is it's where a photo has a focal image then the background is out of focus.  To translate this technique to stamping you stamp dots/circles in white pigment ink then colors and fade out with the colors.  I didn't have any circle stamps so I just made myself a few handmade stencils using punches.  hope this makes sense anyways I had fun trying to do this technique even if it didn't completely work out the way it should.  It's like I always tell my students there are no mistakes in stamping just happy accidents.
celebrate card details:
saying stamp - ASITH
ink - Staz-On black ink and Adirondack inks, Encore gold ink pad
happy birthday card details:
saying stamp -unknown (did at friend's house)
inks - Adirondacks ink pads, Delicate glitter gold ink pad, colorbox white pigment, chalk ink pad
gold seam binding ribbon

No comments: