My stamping adventures

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Swimming around

Did one of my favorite techniques for this card...blending distress inks with blending tool then dropping water over it to create what I call faux bleach bubbles.  I tried adding little white dots with distress stain picket fence and dylusions white spray but they didn't show up at all so I got out my old 3 dots on a peg stamp and added some white dots with pigment white ink and YEAH that worked.  hopefully you can see them in the photo (click photo to make bigger) to see more detail.  add color to beta fish with distress markers including picket fence (look on fins) and some prisma glitter just for fun.  my new thing is adding sequins but not sure I've got the hang of them, yet.  Oh, well it is what it is.
entering in the following challenges:
1.  The House That Stamps Built - blues
2.  Simon Monday Challenge Blog - anything goes
3.  That Craft Place Challenge - nautical
4.  Love to Scrap! challenge - anything goes
card details:
stamps - Repeat Impressions stamps
inks - Ranger distress inks broken china, salty ocean, chipped sapphire
Colorbox frost white pigment ink
sequins, prisma glitter

7 comments:

PCStamper said...

Looks great, Sue! I think the sequins are perfect.

stamping sue said...

thank you petti.
stamping sue

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty! Your background is beautiful. I would love to know which colors of ink you used. Thanks so much for joining us at Love to Scrap

Anna-Karin said...

Great card and a lovely background. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE! Trena said...

Very cool under water effect Sue!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

stamping sue said...

Hi Trena! long time since I've seen your name. how you doing?
stamping sue

Anonymous said...

What a great background...it very much sets the scene! Thanks for joining us at That Craft Place Challenge blog. Erin xx