My stamping adventures

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Chilly night Northern Lights

 I saw this Northern Lights technique months ago but thought .... no, not for me.  Well, after seeing it pop up more and more I decided why not jump on the band wagon and try it out...........so I did.......I like it and can't get enough of it.  There is a tutorial over on Splitcoaststampers here that will show you how to create this look.  Here are two cards I made but I did make a dozen Christmas cards with this technique but won't show them, yet so they will be a surprise when I send them.  You use five colors of ink with a black ink for the northern lights which seems like a lot of colors and I thought .... how am I going to fit all those colors but they do work!  even the black over all the colors which really surprised and impressed me.  I do think I will be making more of these cards maybe for my birthday stash, time will tell.
card details:
stamps - Mark's Finest Papers a Heinrich Co. Home Page Chill is in the air stamp set
inks - Ranger Distress ink pads squeezed lemonade, peeled paint, broken china, faded jeans, seedless preserves, black soot - VersaFine black onyx
Sizzix TH alterations on the edge brackets/parentheses die
sponges

No comments: