My stamping adventures

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Resist it

Yes, yet one more resist card.  This is a variation on the Joseph's coat I learned years ago when working at a stamp store when Natalie from Magenta (if I remember correctly) came to teach classes.  For the Joseph's coat you brayer colors on glossy cardstock,  stamp and emboss image with clear ink and embossing powder.  Next brayer black ink over the whole card and you are done.  My variations: 
1.  sponged on three different colors all over glossy cardstock.
2.  stamped and embossed the heart image with white ink and white embossing powder.
3.  sponged red ink over the embossed card because was doing a valentine.
4.  buffed images with soft cloth to make the white embossed hearts really pop with color.
5.  stamped large rose image with Ranger archival jet black ink.
6.  make sure the card is dry then stamp and emboss the little love with white ink and white embossing powder.
7.  add a bow.  DONE!
showed my husband and even he liked it! and that is saying something because besides me he is my worst critic.

stamp credits:  MFP Love, love, love stamp set
inks:  Ranger adirondack red pepper, stonewash, butterscotch, lettuce, archival jet black
paper:  glossy cardstock
ribbon:  SU

No comments: