My stamping adventures

Monday, January 17, 2011

2010 Technique Tags - tag 11 & 12


Last two tags and you will find some fun ideas here.

Tag 11 main technique is making foam stamps out of Sizzix dies!  It is so much fun to do and gives so many more options for your dies.  Basically you punch out your dies on foam sheets.   Go to craft store and in the children's section look for foam sheets.  Cool, huh?
To continue with tag technique ..... I made stamp out of Tim Holtz Sizzix alterations on the edge scrollwork die.  Ink up your new stamp with Ranger Ink Distress embossing ink (or any brand you have) stamp it onto tag that has dictionary paper glued to it.  Sprinkle with clear embossing powder, heat set with heat tool.  Next use Ranger Ink blending tool to blend Distress inks all over tag.  Wipe off embossed image with soft cloth to real the dictionary page.  Add embellishments in my tag I used ......... yes ...... my favorite Tim Holtz Sizzix alterations bird caged die.

Tag 12 again has decorative paper glued to it for background.  On this tag I used a different die........Tim Holtz  Sizzix alterations hanging sign die.  Just used the sign portion not the post hanger.  Painted the sign with Ranger Ink crackle paint, let it dry then added Distress walnut ink to the edges with blending tool.  Stamped and cut out chess pieces from A Stamp0 in the Hand.
For more details on any of these tag techniques go to Tim Holtz blog.

***If this is first time to my blog....thank you so much for visiting.  Please join my following by clicking on followers on the top of my blog.  You can also join me on facebook.  Come back again soon***

1 comment:

PCStamper said...

Cool idea to use the dies on foam sheets; will have to try it!