Friday, May 28, 2010
Distressing fun tutorial
inks & supplies:
Ranger Distress ink - dusty concord, rusty hinge, aged mahogany, Ranger Archival Jet Black, Ranger stickles
Grunge board, self sticking crystal
Prisma color pencils, Pebbles chalks
1. DTP (direct to paper) technique on white cardstock with all Distress inks listed above.
2. Stamp sewing woman (Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz collection pattern pieces CMS012) with Jet Black ink.
3. Add more Distress dusty concord ink with Ranger blending tool along the corners and edge of stamped card.
4. Color the woman first with Pebbles chalks then with Prisma color pencils to define the color. Tape stamped card to rust note card.
5. Die cut a flower from Tattered Florals Alterations sizzix die out of grunge board.
6. Add ink to flower with Distress inks with blending tool.
7. Squirt a dot of stickles glue along the edge of the flower. Rub out the stickles with finger. Allow to dry.
8. Glue flower with Glossy Accents to bottom left of card.