My stamping adventures

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Funky Black-eyed Suzan




What a fun folded card. This is called a z-fold card which just means it looks like a "z" when it is standing. Very simple to achieve this effect......take a note card that is folded and fold the front back onto itself so you are folding the front of the card in half.
I stamped these funky black-eyed suzan (Sunday Int'l, Dee Gruenig) flower with Lyra watercolor crayons. Quick and easy way to get a watercolor effect. Used the same technique to color and stamp the Happy (Sunday Int'l, Dee Gruenig) Birthday saying.
Basic instructions for using Lyra watercolor crayons:
Color directly onto stamp image with watercolor crayons. When all the color is on the image I spritzed it with water with a Ranger mini mister. I like the Ranger brand mister because it has a nice fine mist of water and not big drops. After the image it printed on cardstock zap it with heat tool to stop the watercolor effect. I like it to just spread out a little not too blurry looking and that is it.
Please don't forget to check out classes I'm teaching over in my sidebar. Come join the fun!
Stamp It! Create It! Have Fun! stamping sue


No comments: