PIRATE SCROLL CARD
by Sue Wisniewski
Playful Posh Pirates - #POSH-53
double stick tape, mounting foam tape
Circle paper punch
cardstock & text weight paper
post-its for creating masks
Brilliance Coffee Bean
Colorbox Fluid Chalks – Rose Coral, French Blue, Aquamarine & Wisteria
Sizes for card:
base card - 4 1/4” x 10 1/2”
score base card at 3”, 7 1/2” & 10”
alternate scoring – score base card at 3” then flip card over & score at 1/2” & 3”
scroll (text weight paper) – 3” x 8 1/2”
pink layer – 2 1/2” x 4 1/8”
brown layer – 3 7/8” x 2 1/4”
1. Score all score lines on base card.
2. Butt the 1/2” folded score line with other end of card.
3. Punch a 1/16” hole on both sides of the card while you are holding the card in place.
4. Apply on a strip of double stick tape on one end of the scroll.
5. Adhere the scroll to the opposite side of the 1/2” scored line of base card between the two
6. Fold the card up with the scroll inside the card and add brads in the two holes to hold the card
together. The scroll should just sit inside the card. The scroll should be resting on the 1/2” slot.
7. Test the scroll by gently pulling it out of the card base.
8. Stamp the scroll while it is pulled out of the card.
9. Multi ink the little parrot with Colorbox Fluid chalk inks French Blue, Aquamarine & Wisteria.
Stamp parrot on the scroll approximately an inch away from the bottom of the scroll.
10. Stamp the parrot onto a post-it note and cut it out to create a mask.
11. Place the parrot mask over the stamped parrot.
12. Ink the treasure chest with Brilliance Coffee Bean ink and stamp over half of the parrot.
13. Remove mask to reveal the parrot now sitting on the chest.
14. Create a mask for the chest the same way as was done for the parrot.
15. Place chest mask over chest with the parrot sitting on it and stamp two more treasure chests.
16. Next stamp word bubble by parrot's head with Brilliance Coffee Bean ink. Inside the bubble
stamp SQUAWK saying with Colorbox Fluid chalk ink French Blue.
17. Gently push the scroll back inside the card.
Pirate scroll card open - all images Sunday
18. Ink up Pirate with Brilliance Coffee Bean ink on his hat, face, hand, coat & pants. Ink his
feather & boots with Colorbox Fluid ink Rose Coral.
19. Stamp the inked Pirate onto a piece of cream cardstock. Color in his face, hand & pants with
Prisma color pencils. Cut Pirate out and set aside till ready to assemble outside of card.
20. Tape pink layer to outside of scroll card next to the two brads.
21. Stamp row of coins on the left side of the brown layer then tape to pink layer.
22. Mount the stamped & cut out Pirate with foam mount tape to the side of the stamped coins to
finish the card.
* saw this card on Dawn's Thoughts blog*