My stamping adventures

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Fuzzy Colors with a twist


I enjoy using my stipples brushes so I have them handy at all times. Stipple brushes come in all sizes and shapes from kids' versions to artist grade. I have them all! I can say it enough, "Stipple brushes are a stamper's best friend!" They are good for techniques like Fuzzy colors, adding a touch of color and best of all hiding smudges.

Now what I did different here from my normal Fuzzy Colors technique. I call this

FUZZY COLORS with a Twist!
All images by Lasting Impressions with Panache
Inks:
Ranger Adirondack Cranberry, Butterscotch & Lettuce
Staz-On Black

1. Stamp Eiffel Tower with Staz-On Black ink pad.
2. Create a mask by stamping tower on Post-It Note.
3. Place mask over stamped image.
4. Using a medium stipple brush add fuzzy color around the masked image with Adirondack Butterscotch ink to start. Add Adirondack Lettuce in other areas and last Adirondack Cranberry.
5. Leave some areas without color just for a little more depth in your project.
6. Remove Post-It note mask to reveal the Fuzzy Color effect.
7. Stamp Passport image on top of bookmark with Staz-On Black ink.
8. Cut out black cardstock approximately 1/2" bigger than stamped piece.
9. Punch out two corners with Paper Shaper corner punch.
10. Adhere all layers with double stick tape.
11. Punch out SU tab and adhere to top of bookmark.

No comments: