My stamping adventures

Thursday, March 21, 2024

Butterfly Split Negative

 Butterfly Split Negative

stamps used: Unity Seraphim Wings stamp set

This is another technique that makes two for one cards.  This is also an oldie but goodie technique, that I like to fall back into when I want to make multiple of cards.

Instructions:

1.  Cut one piece of cream cardstock and one piece of colored cardstock the same size.

2.  Place cardstock in Misti stamping positioner.  Stamp butterfly with black ink.  Do this for both pieces of cardstock.

3.  Cut each stamped butterfly in half.  You will have two pieces of stamped cream card, and colored stamped card.  For my cards the piece are 2 1/2" x 3 3/4".  

4.  Cut piece 5 1/4" x 4" cream and color cardstock.  Cut one of these piece in half and adhere to full 5 1/4" x 4" cardstock.

5.  Adhere opposite color of halved butterflies to 5 1/4"x4" cardstock.  Then layer onto A2 card.

Here are a couple more Butterfly Split Negative cards. 

On this one I used pink cards and ink.

On purple card again I used black ink.

It's a fun technique that I hope you will try.  You can see more on this post from 2012, or here from 2020.  You can go to search bar, and type in Split Negative to see even more from me.
Thanks for stopping by.  Come back soon.

2 comments:

TangledBlueRose said...

So fun and pretty!

stamping sue said...

TangleBlueRose
Thank you for your comment. I hope you get inspired to try this technique.
stamping sue
https://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/