My stamping adventures

Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Trying my hand at watercoloring

stamps used:  Altenew stamps 

I'm still not sold on watercoloring but I keep trying.  This is my attempt of watercoloring on one of my favorite Altenew Build-a-flower Anemone.  
I started out by embossing the outline of the Anemone with a couple of different embossing powders ... a gold and a white embossing powder.  My embossing powders are old but they still seem to work and I'm not a big fan of embossing so I will just use what I have for now.  I picked up the 36 set of Altenew watercolor pan set when it was on sale, so I would have lots of colors to play with on my cards.  I started by wetting the embossed flowers, then laying down a light wash of color to the full flower.  After that I just added a darker color to add shading ... not too sure I accomplished what I set out to do ...... but ..... it is what it is.  For the background I wet all around the card and just did a light wash again of color, then dropped darker color around the edge of the flowers.  
Well, that is my attempt of watercolor for now, I guess I need a lot more practice ... NO ... I know I need to go practice some more. 
Thanks for stopping by.  come back again soon.  comments always welcomed.
***not affiliated with any of the above companies, just a customer.*** 

2 comments:

Bunny said...

I just put 2 cards on my blog that I watercolored. I talked about the same thing you did. It's a difficult medium. I also heat embossed to keep the watercolors from going outside the lines. You're right that it takes practice. Something I need more of. Your cards are pretty good. [Bunny]

stamping sue said...

Bunny, you are sweet. you know what they say practice makes perfect. I don't need to be perfect just better. lol!