My stamping adventures

Friday, March 6, 2020

just called to say...

stamps used:  Catherine Pooler stamps call me stamp set/dies, MFP Happy Birthday
Stencils different manufacturers

This is a fun way to use stencils to get a different look on your cards.  Hardest part to this technique is to decided what color inks to use.  I used Ranger distress inks to Catherine Pooler ink pads, so all I can say, is use what ever ink pads you have in your stash.
Basic instructions:
1.  start blending with the lighter shade of ink then move onto darker inks. Again use what ever blending tool you like ... Ranger blending tool, sponges or stipple brushes.
2.  So to clarify ... first blend colors onto card in this case I used Kraft cardstock.
3.  Next lay a stencil over the colored card and stencil the darkest color through the stencil!  that's it!  easy peasy!
After blending the colors, and stenciling, it's just a matter of stamping on an image or adding a die cut image to finish the card.
Like I mentioned it's a fun stenciling technique and easy to do but dramatic effect.  This technique is all over the internet right now, so go out and find a technique you like and try it!
Hope you enjoyed this little tutorial. Thanks for stopping by and please come back again soon.  Leave a comment and let me know what you think.  

No comments: