My stamping adventures

Friday, September 6, 2019

Tie dye with stamping

stamps used:  Hot Potatoes

I decided to stamp on some of the silk cloths I tie dyed a few weeks ago.  Not sure but think they could be silk handkerchief but not sure.  They are about 10 1/4" square in size.  Anyway had fun pulling out my Hot Potatoes stamps to stamp onto these silk pieces.  Unfortunately Hot Potatoes stamp company is out of business but I still love these big bold, solid images to use with paints.   I have plenty of them so guess I will be stamping on the cotton cloth dish towels that I tie dyed, too but at a later time. 
Basically all you do is get out your old fabric paints ...... that I thought I got rid of years ago but found them tucked away in a corner ..... sponge the paint onto the rubber stamp then press on the fabric and lift off .  that's about it.  I let them dry completely overnight then went into the hall closet and pulled out ..... again .... my old iron that hasn't been plugged in for years!!!  I was surprised it worked!  Anyway I gave them a quick iron to set the paint and get out as much of the wrinkles as I could. 
It's always fun to do something you haven't done in years!  So everyone go looking around in your stash and see what you find from days gone by and HAVE SOME FUN doing something old again.
Thanks for stopping by and come back again soon.

3 comments:

PCStamper said...

I have a box of silk hankies and scarves that I bought years ago that I need to use for something. Thanks for the reminder.

stamping sue said...

yes, I think we all bought them at the same time and then never used them. fun way to decorate them.

Leslie said...

Thanks for sharing your fabulous project with us in the Mix It Up Challenge Blog's September "Anything Goes + 3-D Project" challenge and we hope to see you again next month!
Hugs,
Leslie, MIUCB DT
Love To Scrap 2