My stamping adventures

Friday, June 27, 2014

N. Tonawanda....where?

Yes, we went to N. Tonawanda, NY which is only about 30 minutes away from Niagara Falls and the Canada border!!!!!  why would anyone go there....well, for me it's to visit my father.  Besides visiting with my dad I go to Buffalo Stamp Store in Amherst, NY...it's a very nice store.  I have so many stamps at home there weren't any stamps that said take me home but I did purchase a few supplies like the stencil you see used on this journal page.....yes, I started a journal....me...the die heart stamper.  Everything used on this page was something I purchased while visiting my dad including my first set of mini distress pads and this mixed media pad.  I worked on this page while sitting on the bed in the hotel room.  first I used TH Cargo stencil....tapped the mini distress ink pads on the back of the stencil then put water in my hand and dropped it on the stencil to move the color around.  Didn't have a water mister...that would have been a lot easier but was working with what I had on hand.  Also used the TH Speckles stencil but with this stencil just used it the regular way.  Had a sponge so sponged color around the page then taped the hotel business card on the page.  The next few days I'll show the other pages I did while we were away.

No comments: