Friday, March 7, 2014
Armoire step card
Today on Speedy TV tutorial time my Armoire step card is being featured. I hope you go to tutorial time on Speedy TV to join in the challenge and remember there will be a drawing to win stamps.
ARMOIRE STEP CARD
By Sue Wisniewski
MFPaHC Paper Doll Formal Wear
Personal paper cutter
Double stick tape/foam mounting tape
Ribbon and self-sticking gems
Base card = 5 ½ x 8 ½
Door = 2 3/8 x 3 (score one side at ¼ “
Drawers = 2 3/8 x 1”
1. Cut down center at 2 ¾ “ mark.
2. Start cut at 1” to 5 ¼ “.
3. Turn card.
4. Score up to cut line – 1” in from the edge.
5. Next score 2” in from edge to cut line.
6. Accordion fold those two score lines. These are called valley and mountain folds.
7. Line up bottom of card and fold to form card. This will make the fold for the top of the dresser without having to score before folding the card.
8. Stamp dress twice on pattern papers and cut out. Drape one of the dresses on the front of the Armoire door that is tape to the base card. Tape second dress inside door of Armoire. Cut out shoes, color with color pencils and mount one with mounting tape inside the Armoire door. Tape the second shoe inside door.
9. Adhere one drawer with gem to side of Armoire door to create the dresser section and mount the second drawer with a piece of ribbon/fabric hanging out of drawer.
10. Stamp shoes on the bottom of dresser section and color with color pencils.
11. Stamp saying from same stamp set on white cardstock. Punch out with paper punch and layer with another punched out for dark blue layer. Mount between stamped shoes.
12. With the same paper punch; punch out bottom of Armoire side just for a decorative look.