My stamping adventures

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Mark's Finest Papers & Stamps Harvest Halloween blog hop - Polished Stone



Welcome to the Mark’s Finest Papers a Heinrich Co. Halloween/Harvest Hop. We have some great tutorials for you to make some fun and easy projects for this
Halloween/Harvest Season. We will be giving away two stamps sets during this
hop, so two lucky people will go home with both of these fabulous stamp sets.
Be sure to comment on all the designers’ blogs. Our hop will run from September
24th-27th. Our two winners will be announced on September 28th. 

September 24th - Treat Holders
September 25th - Polished Stone
September 26th - Treat Bags
September 27th - Holiday Table Setting

All our tutorials along with many more are available on MFP SpeedyTV.  The company blog has direct links to the tutorials! http://marksfinestpapers.blogspot.com
Be sure to check out all of our designers who participated in our hop. The more you comment the more chances you have to win one of these great stamp sets.


Day two of our hop is all about Polished Stone technique!  that means it's time to get out your alcohol inks and get inky!  My leaf card was done using plastic packaging that you normally throw out in the trash but today I'm using it with alcohol inks to make some leaves that look translucent.  Also check out the background piece on this card it's also a piece of the plastic packaging that I did the polished stone technique on the ran it through my Big Kick with a woodgrain embossing folder.  I really like how this card turned out.  My second card is an easel ( and we all know how much I love easel cards!) shape card.  Did polished stone technique and over stamped the images using white embossing powder and ink.   Hope you liked my cards for the two days I participated in this swap.  Remember the more you comment the more chance you have to win in our drawing.  Next stop is Trudy .

Sue W.
Trudy Harris-Thomas
Lois B.
Jane C.
Amy E.

 Thanks for stopping by! We hope we were able to inspire you with ideas for your
Halloween/Harvest season.

18 comments:

loulou said...

Wow I absolutely love your polished stone background run through the woodgrain embossing folder. I think I might have to CASE this as it is fantastic.

Janice said...

Wonderful, love the woodgrain!

Beth F. said...

Your leaf card is so fascinating! I am in awe!
Beth
Beth's Beauties

Scrappin' Diva said...

Great colors and wonderful use of materials!

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Wonderful recycle idea for this technique. I'll have to give the technique a try.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Lagene said...

Great cards, my fav is the polished stone card!

Lois said...

Nice cards, Sue. I especially like the white embossing against the blue polished stone on your easel card.

Ina Good said...

nice cards Sue love your leaves and golden colors!

Jane said...

Gorgeous cards Sue!!!

Unknown said...

I saw the leaf card as your banner and caught my breath! WooWee that's a beauty! I also like the white embossing for the ghost. Very effective!

Unknown said...

wow i love the technique! the leaves look beautiful and i love the embossed background! i´ll try that in my next card, Thank you for sharing! =D

Golda said...

These are so cool looking! I love the blue one.

Amy E said...

Sue, these are gorgeous! I really want to try the white embossing powder in the polished stone look now!

Sue D said...

Great cards. I really like the wood grain embossing on the first one.

Debi said...

Fantastic leaf card! Great how you used the pkg material! At first glance I thought you used a chalkboard technique on the 2nd, it looks great with that white EP. Nice job. You've given me some fab ideas. Thanks.
DebiB

marg0006 said...

You did a great job with the color blending.

marg0006 at Verizon dot net

SHartl said...

The Polished stone technique is one of my favorites, What a beautiful fall card1

Karenladd said...

What a gorgeous background! I love all the color blending and your beautiful design.