My stamping adventures

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Springfield stamp convention

I went to the Springfield stamp convention on Sunday with a couple of friends.  It was smaller than in years past but did have a nice time with my friends.  I did an atc for the contest but forgot to take a picture of it so I will describe it the best I can.  Stamped
and cut out Judi-kins jester and did a mini penny spinner card.  That's it.  I got to visit a bit with Judi from Judi-
kins at the convention and watch her do her demo with mica gloss inks.  It's a fun technique where you squirt the mica inks on matte cote or gloss cote cardstock, smooch or slide two pieces of cardstock together....peel apart.  Now you can use one of the cardstocks as an ink pad or brayer for a background paper.  I picked up a few of the mica colors to play at home so hopefully I will play this week.  I like the idea that it can be used on cardstock or acetate.  Remember way back when we did the technique with diamond glaze
where you squirt on diamond glaze then die re-inkers then move it around on acetate with fingers.  wrinkled a piece of tissue paper on the back of it, let it air dry then stamp on it with Staz-On black ink.  Well, you can do the same thing with
this mica ink.....stamp an image......flip acetate over.....paint in image on the back with the mica inks....let it dry.....then do the diamond glaze & re-inkers technique around the painted image......viola!  have fun!

No comments: