Yes, an easel card...you all know how much I like to make that style card.
This is a basic easel card which I have been making for years. There are a lot more easel style cards like the double easel, triple easel, add on easel, twist easel to name a few. Believe me this card style can become addictive.
Mark’s Finest Papers Heinrich Collection – Vroom, I’m Going Batty, Background Fun
Ranger Archival Jet Black ink, VersaFine smoke grey ink pad
Pop dots, double stick tape
Prisma color pencils
1. Cut orange cardstock at 4 x 8.
2. Cut piece of orange cardstock at 4 x 4
3. Score and fold 4 x 8 orange card at 2” & 4”. Set aside till ready to assemble.
4. Cut piece of black cardstock at 3 ¾ “ x 3 ¾ “. Cut piece of white cardstock at 3 ½ “ x 3 ½ “.
5. Stamp witch on white card with jet black ink. Stamp crackle background with VersaFine smoke grey ink all around the witch.
6. Stamp witch a second time on separate piece of white cardstock and color in her hat and head with Prisma color pencils. Use a circle punch to cut out colored witch. With a small scallop cut out a black scallop circle and tape behind witch’s face.
7. Mount colored in witch’s face with pop dot over witch’s face on stamped square.
8. Adhere stamped layer to black card.
9. Wrap ribbon around stamped card and tie in a knot.
10. Tape completed stamped card to 4 x 4 orange card.
Assemble easel card:
1. Take 4 x 8 base card and fold both score lines towards you which will create the easel part of the card.
2. Tape black 3 ¾ “ square card to white 3 ½ “ square that has been stamped with crackle background with smoke grey ink pad. Tape this piece to bottom of easel card.
3. Stamp saying on strip of white cardstock and cut out ends with scissor to form a banner. Tape stamped banner to strip of black cardstock and cut out ends to match stamped saying banner.
4. Mount stamped saying banner to bottom of card with pop dots about ½ “ from the bottom edge. This is going to create the stopper for the easel card.
5. Tape the stamped witch card with ribbon to bottom half only of the top of the easel card.