My stamping adventures

Friday, January 6, 2012

Happy Birthday to you!

 This week at Studio L3 - grungy monday the challenge is to make a birthday card for Tim Holtz so I did.
Got out my Ranger Distress inks, Stampers Anonymous stamps and TM mask.  Even found a big left over piece of TH paper from one of his Paper stash pads plus Sizzix alterations hanging sign to use on this card.  Basically I did wrinkle free technique then stamp images with black ink except for the curiosity image ... for that one used brown ink.  There was a piece of sequence waste on my table so took the closest paint dabber (pearl) and dabbed some paint on the waste stencil.  After that was all dry I thought it needed something else for depth so out came the mask.  Stamped the saying on the sign and used blending tool to add color around the edges of the sign.  A couple of jump rings and mounting tape to add to card front.  I even did something on the inside (scan on right) of the card.  Blending distress inks all around the edge, stamped saying and then did the mask in the lower corner.  Just love the way the mask makes it all pop!

Entering this card to:
1.  Studio L3 - grungy monday  -  Birthday card for Tim

4 comments:

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

So gorgeous...love the color pop of the orange...nice!!! Very creative as well!

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

Great card. I love how the sentiment just glows.

Sue said...

This is great! I love how the inside sentiment looks like there is a light shining on it from your distressing around it.

Marjie Kemper said...

Love the wrinkle free technique... your card looks great!