My stamping adventures

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

12 Days of Tags - day 4

Here is my tag 4 for Tim Holtz blog christmas tags.  This one was a little challenging for me because I had to wait for everything to DRY! I'm not a patient person as my friends will tell you but I do like this background technique where you stamp, add Ranger Ink Distress inks with blending tool then drop droplets of water on it for that faux bleach look.  That is one of my favorite things to do on a background.  I did to do the plastic border but you really can't see it in the scan but it is there.  I don't have the extra little dies for the cut out so I just got out my smallest Sizzix star die which you can see on the left......it worked fine but would have liked something not so big.  It is an interesting idea.  I added self sticking gem for eye because he just looked so lost without it.  My rock candy crackle paint didn't do much cracking maybe I have to put it on thicker oh well, trial and error. 

2 comments:

Beate said...

Adorable tags Sue!
Hugs and smiles

Hetty said...

Great tags with the star and the snowflake on the snowman.