My stamping adventures

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Oh Baby!

 I needed to make a baby card because I want to send to my neighbor who is having a baby soon.  I searched the web to find some type of baby card to make because I don't have any stamps for that theme....never needed them.  Anyway found this idea using punches!  Too adorable don't you think so?  An oval punch and circle punch is all that is needed to make these two cards except for an alphabet set to spell out baby and the inside I'll computer generate some saying.  A little sponging on the face for cheeks some white freckles with white gel pen (need a new one-had a devil of a time getting it to work), ladybug spots made with Ranger black Enamel accents and scroll image on sweet pea baby by Memorybox Stamps .  Let's see did I forget anything oh yeah, vellum wings for baby lady bug and the hands/feet are freeform cutting out. 
And I always tell my students, "there are no mistakes in stamping just happy accidents."  I'm reminding you of this saying because I smudge a couple of the black paint dots on baby ladybug card so had to do something to fix it.....can you find the fix? 
***just want to let you know I have no affiliation with any of the companies listed above ...... just like to add links to make it easy for you, my blog readers, to find the stamps or supplies if you like what you see here.***