My stamping adventures

Friday, September 2, 2011

A little more on Irene

Been without power/phone for 4 days because of Hurricane Irene so there is a lot of catching up to do here and in house.  Hope you have liked the little (no sound) videos I uploaded here:  http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/2011/09/duck-pond.html and here:  http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/2011/08/hurricane-irene-is-out-of-here.html .  Only figured out to do 60 second video without sound maybe in future will figure out how to tape longer and with sound.
The day after the hurricane we took a ride downtown to duck pond ..... all that water and the ducks/geese just hanging out.  Check out the benches in the water!  Hard to believe the water went up that far since we didn't have that much rain from hurricane just lots of winds. 
See me in the dark with glow stick and hurricane candle!  glad to have power back.

2 comments:

Amy* said...

Hi Sue!
Found your blog on ATT...glad you have power back! I'm a former Milfordite (I Live in Monroe now) and was in town the other day checking on my grandparents and seeing the duck pond like that brought me back to the days of hurricane Gloria! Happy to have found a creative neighbor :)

stamping sue said...

Hi Amy, I remember hurricane Gloria, too. That was scarier for me because my husband was working and I had a newborn baby and a toddler at home. This time had husband home and felt a lot safer. Glad all is good with you.
stamping sue