Thursday, June 23, 2011
Faux Quilted card - honorable mention!!!
Over on May Arts blog I got Honorable Mention for this card that I entered in their beach contest. Thank you to everyone who left comments that they liked my projects.
All images by Faerie Song Art Stamps ~ Fantasy Themed Images
May Arts - #351-01, SD09
Archival ink sepia
Ranger Distress Stain antique linen
1. Colorize #351-01 ribbon with Distress antique linen Stain. Allow to air dry or speed dry with heat tool. see instructions for colorizing ribbon here: http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/2011/06/thursday-tutorial-colorized-ribbons.html
2. Stamp Faerie Song shell stamp on colorized ribbon with Archival sepia ink. Heat set with heat tool.
3. Wrap colorized stamped ribbon around a piece of cardstock about ¼” smaller. This creates your Faux Quilted piece. Make a total of three of these Faux Quilted pieces.
4. Tape Faux Quilted pieces to brown cardstock that is approximately ¼” larger.
5. Tape two of these pieces to the sides of kraft greeting card.
6. The third Faux Quilted piece will be mounted to the center of card with foam mounting tape.
7. Tie a piece of brown dotted tan ribbon around card and tie a bow.
8. Stamp saying (Faerie Song art stamp) with Archival sepia ink. Punch out with oval paper punch.
9. Punch a second oval out of brown cardstock. Cut it in half lengthwise and tape to the back of saying oval to create a layer.
10. Tape saying oval to the center of card.