Thursday, March 24, 2011
Thursday Tutorial - Ribbon Paper
happy birthday – Impress
Colorbox violet chalk ink pad
3M double stick tape, foam mounting tape
Xyron adhesive machine
Sizzix Big Kick personal die cutting machine
Ultra fine crystal glitter
Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations Tattered Floral, Caged Bird Bigz Dies
May Arts ribbons HM07 Taffeta/Iridescent, BK32 Grosgrain multi-color Stripe, SK01 white silk, NP01 crochet, 351-01
Instructions for making ribbon paper:
1. Cut cardstock into usable pieces to fit into Xyron adhesive machine if you don’t own Xyron you can cover a sheet of cardstock with a full sheet of Red liner double stick tape then cut to size.
2. Place ribbons on sticker cardstock in rows.
3. Place ribbon paper on bird cage die and run it through Big Kick (or any personal die cutting machine).
Instructions for easel card:
1. Cut piece of cardstock 4” x 8”. Score & fold card at 2” and 4”.
2. Take 4” x 8” card and fold both score lines toward you which will create the easel part of card.
3. Tape 4” square card with double stick tape to bottom section of folded card.
4. Add brads to bottom of bird cage die then cut the bars of the cage. Add jump ring with pin embellishment to top of bird cage. Tie ribbon bow with lavender silk ribbon.
5. Use 1/8” double stick tape to tape bird cage to 3 ¾ “ square lavender card leaving the cut bars of the bird cage free of tape.
6. Tape little flowers from Tattered floral die with double stick tape and foam mounting tape inside the bird cage.
7. Add self-sticking crystals to flowers.
8. Adhere finished bird cage with flowers to 4” card that is on the easel of your card.
9. Mount one of the bigger flowers to top of card with foam mounting tape then tape bird with double stick tape over center of flower.
10. Stamp happy birthday with purple chalk ink on piece of white cardstock mount to bottom of card with foam mounting tape. Add another of the ribbon paper flowers to the left side of stamped saying. The mounting foam tape gives dimension to hold the card up to form the easel.
Making this ribbon paper can become addictive especially when the Sizzix dies cut it out so well.