My stamping adventures

Friday, March 4, 2011

Stampotique challenge - Faux Barnwood technique

Over on Stampotique Designer's Blog the challenge is to use http://www.techniquejunkies.com/Faux_Barnwood_Tutorial.pdf  technique.  I didn't think I would like this background but once I got started I couldn't stop making it.  I did change it around a little to fit the supplies I had on hand......instead of brown acrylic paint I used green and instead of white acrylic paint I used barely pink acrylic paint.  The other thing I changed was the brand of glue....in the directions they used elmer's glue but I used Aleene's Tacky glue which worked very well for me.
I stamped the girl on light pink cardstock then stamped her four more times on decorative paper.  Cut out the dress once completely then three more times just cutting out the bottom of the dress.  Made the dress into a formal gown with ruffles then added the saying What was I thinking?  Added some wide black silk  May Arts ribbons 

7 comments:

Jane Wetzel said...

this is wonderful! wow I LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card with a beautiful background. Love what you did with the dress! Thank you for joining the Stampotique designer's challenge

Basement Stamper said...

Her dress looks amazing! Love the dimension of it. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

Kaz said...

What a fab and original idea with the skirt! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique.

thekathrynwheel said...

Great! Your crackles worked really well and I LOVE the way you altered the dress! Genious! Thanks for joining the challenge
:-)
Kate

Moniqui said...

I love the skirt! Thanks so much for joining SDC!

Gez Butterworth said...

Great card. Love the skirt too!
Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.